BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

SWEETHEART DINNER 2011










If you ask my family what is their favorite holiday besides Christmas they will tell you its Valentines Day.  My mother started the tradition at a much needed time in my young life and I have carried it on.  No one is allowed in the kitchen and they don't know what I am cooking until it is on their plates.  I keep my menu a secret and it drives them crazy.  I try to cook something new every year.  This year the menu was:
Appetizer: King Crab Legs and Snow crab legs steamed and served with butter
Main Course: Malambre (Stuffed Flank Steak with spinach, feta, cream cheese, asiago and bread crumbs:
                     Sweet Onioin Potatos Au Gratin
                     Corn on the Cob
Dessert: Triple Layer Tuxedo Cake with Whip Cream Frosting and Chocolate Ganache
We took the kids on a little treasure hunt and they got to find presents along the way.  We were pretty frugal this Christmas so with Tax Return we got each of them a big gifts.  Jake got a 4 wheeler, Savanna a power scooter, and Audrey got a net book.  We love our kids and know that it is not just hard on Mark and I with Mark's travel schedule, it is hard on them too, so we just wanted them to know how much we love and appreciate them in our lives. 

0 comments: