BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 5, 2009

OCTOBER FUN ON THE ROCKIN' ROBIN
















We took the Rockin' Robin (that is what we named our boat) out for a spin this weekend! Mark has one of his boy scouts that had never really been on a boat before, so we asked David to come along. The kids had a blast tubing on the Triple Kraze, and even I went on it. We went North to lake Degray where there is good visibility in the water (not like the Ouachita river) and even I jumped in and swam. The water was pretty comparable to our beloved Flathead lake, with one exception....if you went in Flathead over the weekend you would have come out and ice cube. Degray was probably close to 77 degrees. Very nice! But alas, Savanna swam and then was FREEZING. She is always cold. This summer when we came home from the west, we got out of the car in Texas and Audrey said "I haven't been out of the car for 2 minutes and I am already sweating", and Savanna's reply was "I don't know, I think it feels pretty good!" A true Southern baby I guess. Anyhow, we had a great time at the lake and were feeling pretty good that it is October and we can still use the boat! That is one good thing about the south. Jake went on the tube and was screaming and laughing the whole time. And of course Jake christened the boat and taught us again why we always need to bring a swim diaper, by pooing everywhere, but I have spared you the pictures!

0 comments: